Wednesday, August 23, 2006

foray into lace

i recently realized that for as long as i've been knitting, i don't have nearly enough scarves! i guess i've given most of my knitted pieces away as gifts, and i certainly don't regret that, but i want more scarves!!! i decided to knit the cherry leaf scarf (http://www.kidsknits.com/free/cherryleaf.htm). i wanted to see if i could knit something "lace" but keep it masculine. i'm knitting it in rowan felted tweed in a yummy deep brown with blue and caramel flecks...





i think the color and the leaf pattern keeps it manly... not that i really care if its manly or not... :)




i taught steven r. to knit. here he is at my parents house working on a wrong stitch rib scarf.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven looks manly there, despite the knitting.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven, I *love* the brown tweed you've chosen! As the designer of Cherry Leaf, I've seen umpteen of them and I think yours in particularly striking. Nice job!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

This is one of my favorite lace stitches and I lost it! Thanks so much for posting it here!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home